Quote of the Day

"There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought on by credit and fiat monetary expansion. The only question is whether the crisis should come sooner in the form of a recession or later as a final and total catastrophe of depression as the currency systems crumble.”—Ludwig von Mises, Human Action

del.icio.us  Stumbleupon  Technorati  Digg

What did you think of this article?

Trackbacks
  • Trackbacks are closed for this post.
Comments

• 10/23/2010 11:02 AM Rick wrote:
    Right now the economy is being slowly strangled to death. The government should have just let the chips fall. Just like in nature the fit would survive. I think our economy would be in much better shape had we taken this course by now.
  • 10/23/2010 4:22 PM mark rudis wrote:
    When I started to research Austrian economics I was reminded of questions and subsequent confusion brought about by the answers as to how our economy worked when I was younger. These retirement plans, government established interest rates, and the ease at which congress would spend millions of dollars (trillions now) didnt seem to add up to me. Once I lecame schooled in Austrian Economics I realized that I had been correct all along. Mises and Hayek have alwys been right about predicting the inevitable bust following an artificially created boon. I fear the worst scenario will be the most accurate! Thanks X for provoking the interest I now have as well as the understanding I now have!
  • 10/26/2010 8:46 AM charlie webster wrote:
    in evolution, be it biological or even economical, its all life in the same universe and will follow the same laws. The dinosaurs didnt go extinct overnight but they did disappear and leave the far more endurable mammals standing. expect the same pattern in the global economy by 2012. Hopefully HOPEFULLY Ron Paul runs again he was the only sane person i felt running in the last election, everyone is playing princess dressup for the system. you ever thought of taking citizen x to a larger social networking site like facebook?
    1. 10/27/2010 5:17 AM Jackie wrote:
      Charlie, X has a Twitter account, but it's unused since June of '09.

...and a MySpace also largely unused.

But, on the myspace is a little player that plays some of X's podcast from a few years ago. It was a really great show and I really do miss it.

Of course the irony of all this is X has to approve this message of me bitching about him not using his media before you can see it. :$
      1. 10/27/2010 5:42 AM Citizen X wrote:

1. 10/27/2010 3:30 PM Jackie wrote:
          *laugh* Too funny. Thanks.